begins with inclination and ability—for me, these are
- passion for language and the visual beauty of the page in any medium: print, Web, or ebook
- well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills
- excellent command of grammar and style
- effective and thorough editing techniques
- good writing skills
- solid project management skills and tools
I’m Leslie Saffrey, owner of Aptitude Editorial Services and a trained editor with close to twenty years of experience in non-fiction book editing and business and technical communication, both in-house and as a freelancer. I know the publishing process inside and out, and can guide a document from its concept to pages ready to print or post online, staying on schedule and on budget.
I completed the Ryerson University Publishing Certificate in 2008, and in 2015 I earned the Certified Professional Editor designation from the Editors’ Association of Canada, which recognizes excellence in structural and stylistic editing, copyediting, and proofreading.